HK Urban Canvas 2022 – Jordan Guided Cultural Tour (Route 2: “Little Nepal” – The Nepali community in Jordan)
Jordan Route 2: “Little Nepal” – The Nepali community in Jordan (FULL)
The area of Jordan around Temple Street, Shanghai Street, Reclamation Street and Battery Street is sometimes known as “Little Nepal”. Here, side by side with traditional local businesses, you can find lots of small Nepali shops, food stalls and restaurants. Many of the Nepali who live in this area are descendants of Gurkha soldiers. While most members of Hong Kong’s Nepali community speak fluent Cantonese and consider themselves local, they still maintain aspects of Nepali life in the food they eat, the clothes they wear or the festivals they celebrate. Our docent will lead the participants to roam around the Nepalese communities, explore the shutter artworks, and visit local Nepalese shops and the gathering places of ethnic minorities.
Date: May 28, 29; June 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
Time: 12nn / 2:30 pm
Duration: Approx. 1.5 hour
Meeting Point: Jordan (More details on location will be shared through email before the tour)
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before you register for our guided cultural tour.
- 1. The guided cultural tours are suitable for participants aged 6 or above. Participants under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- 2. Each account can only register for one same tour for 2 persons at maximum.
- 3. Confirmation emails will be sent to successful applicants before the tour starts. If you do not receive a confirmation email two days before the tour, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4. Successful applications are non-changeable. If successful applicants would like to cancel the booking, please contact us at email@example.com at least three days before the tour.
- 5. The tour will be held outdoors. For safety reasons, pets, bicycles, in-line skates, pushcarts, shoes with in-built or attached rollers or any other wheel-run objects will not be permitted.
- 6. Participants are responsible for ensuring that their health conditions are suitable for the tours. In cases of doubt, please seek medical advice in advance.
- 7. Our docent will check the vaccination records of the participants at the assembly point. Once it is found that the prevailing Vaccine Pass requirements cannot be fulfilled, the right of the visit of the participants may be cancelled.
- 8. Participants should comply with all the anti-epidemic measures of COVID-19 set out by the Government throughout the visit.
- 9. All personal details of applicants will be kept confidential. We will not use, transfer or share your data with any third parties unless we have received your consent. Data collected are used specifically for the purposes of contacting, reporting and promotional purposes. For details on your data privacy rights, please visit http://www.hkyaf.com/site/terms.
- 10. HKYAF reserves the right to use photos, videos and/or sound recordings taken during the event for promotional purposes unless otherwise informed by you in writing.
- 11. HKYAF reserves the right to cancel, delay or change the commencement of the tour, and has sole discretion to refuse participation to any person. In the case of disputes, the decision of HKYAF shall be final.
*Required fields, please fill them all