HK Urban Canvas 2022 – Shau Kei Wan Guided Cultural Tour
Shau Kei Wan: Traces of a former fishing community (FULL)
Located in the east of Hong Kong Island, Shau Kei Wan gets its name – winnowing basket bay – from the coastline shape of the curved bay now known as Aldrich Bay. In the 1700s, fishing and seafaring families started to make their homes here as the bay provided natural shelter from storms. Over time, the area was urbanised and many of the shipyards and fishing-related stores disappeared. But traces of the former fishing community can still be found in the temples and shrines dotted around the neighbourhood and in some of the existing traditional businesses. Our docent will lead the participants to explore the stories of neighbourhood shops and the strong social ties in the community.
Date: June 5, 11, 12, 19, 25, 26; July 2, 3
Time: 2:30 pm
Duration: Approx. 2 hour
Meeting Point: Shau Kei Wan MTR station Exit A3 (More details on location will be shared through email before the tour)
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before you register for our guided cultural tour.
- 1. The guided cultural tours are suitable for participants aged 6 or above. Participants under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- 2. Each account can only register for one same tour for 2 persons at maximum.
- 3. Confirmation emails will be sent to successful applicants before the tour starts. If you do not receive a confirmation email two days before the tour, please contact us at email@example.com.
- 4. Successful applications are non-changeable. If successful applicants would like to cancel the booking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least three days before the tour.
- 5. The tour will be held outdoors. For safety reasons, pets, bicycles, in-line skates, pushcarts, shoes with in-built or attached rollers or any other wheel-run objects will not be permitted.
- 6. Participants are responsible for ensuring that their health conditions are suitable for the tours. In cases of doubt, please seek medical advice in advance.
- 7. Our docent will check the vaccination records of the participants at the assembly point. Once it is found that the prevailing Vaccine Pass requirements cannot be fulfilled, the right of the visit of the participants may be cancelled.
- 8. Participants should comply with all the anti-epidemic measures of COVID-19 set out by the Government throughout the visit.
- 9. All personal details of applicants will be kept confidential. We will not use, transfer or share your data with any third parties unless we have received your consent. Data collected are used specifically for the purposes of contacting, reporting and promotional purposes. For details on your data privacy rights, please visit http://www.hkyaf.com/site/terms.
- 10. HKYAF reserves the right to use photos, videos and/or sound recordings taken during the event for promotional purposes unless otherwise informed by you in writing.
- 11. HKYAF reserves the right to cancel, delay or change the commencement of the tour, and has sole discretion to refuse participation to any person. In the case of disputes, the decision of HKYAF shall be final.
*Required fields, please fill them all