Standard Chartered Arts in the Park 2015
Celebrating 15 years of inspiration!
Standard Chartered Arts in the Park Mardi Gras is one of Hong Kong’s largest and most vibrant annual community arts events. Last year, over 80,000 visitors poured into Victoria Park to take part, and this November, we celebrate our 15th anniversary!
This year, taking inspiration from classical music masterpieces including Rimsky-Korsakov’s Scheherazade (1001 Arabian Nights), Saint-Saën’s The Carnival of the Animals, Mozart’s The Magic Flute, Ravel’s Mother Goose Suite and Stravinsky’s The Soldier’s Tale, thousands of young people and artists work together to present original performance and visual art.
Join us at Victoria Park, The Colour of Music, the Grand Finale Parade and the Night Parade to experience spectacular giant puppets, mesmerising illuminated artworks, kazoo and drum jams, fun carnival art stalls and 16 exciting hours of non-stop performances!
- 70 Hong Kong youth groups performing on stage
- 5 original HKYAF dance works choreographed by Anca Chung, Desiree Ho, Giselle Liu, Kirsten Ho, Patricia Chiu and Rachael Lee, in collaboration with 125 youth dancers
- Drum, kazoo and sun dance jams
- Musical Instruments 101 ultra-intimate recitals
- Free art stalls and face painting
- 5,000 Seeing is Believing Artworks
- Plus add your own piece to our #ArtsinthePark is 15! Collage Mural